gangsterism While walking along the streets of Singapore, you will see a lot of teenagers behaving badly. Hands swinging wildly and talking out loud as if they are in their own homes. We, singaporeans, clasify them as...
Ah beng and Ah lian.
Some of them became this way is because they seek for attention or that well, they just feel like they have to fit in.
I wonder, is being a what we call "pai kia" a way of fitting in?
I walk that path once and find it rather stupid now. I changed into a normal teenager as I have friends around me to guide me. Of course, it's also because of studies that I've changed.
I took up smoking once. Stopped and started again. Later, I decided to stop once and for all as O levels is closing in. I don't want anything to affect my studies and I do not want more of my friends avoiding me because I took up smoking.
It felt great! I am healthy and able to do whatever I want. I need not sneak around just to take a few puffs and stuff.
The time when I was still smoking, the world came crashing down on me. I lose most of my friends and behaved badly. After that when I quit, I started all over and wosh! THE WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL!
My friends have always been supporting me and helping me through difficult times. Especially Josephine and Diana. They have been lending a ear to me and giving me advices. Scolding me when they feel that I am thinking stupidly. Of course when they scold me, I would flare up and feel like slapping them at times (whoops..sorry). But thinking through, I DESERVE A BIG TIGHT SLAP IF I DO.
I've changed a lot, thanks to them and other people around me. From a bad girl, to a well, should I say "guai" girl? Lol.
So better think twice if you want to ask me to betray my friends. I would give you a big tight slap!! >.<